Adriano heads back to Brazil

Brazilian forward Adriano will join Corinthians after having his contract terminated by Serie A side AS Roma.

Adriano, 29, joined Roma in June 2010 on a three-year deal, but has struggled to make an impact at the Stadio Olimpico.The former Inter Milan striker struggled to settle in the Italian capital and his contract was terminated on March 8 due to persistent problems with injuries. Corinthians won t regret it, I m a fighting player, Adriano told newspaper Folha de Sao Paulo. I m not going there to create trouble, but to score goals. I simply saw no reason to stay on (at Roma), I got injured three times, I had no continuity of matches, I thought it was a sign to return to Brazil. I know what I m capable of. Now I must wait, work, train to recover my form. Adriano earned the m…

Premier League preview: Wolves v West Brom

Molineux will be no place for the faint hearted on Sunday with the threat of relegation in the air as Wolves host West Bromwich Albion.

In-form West Brom have climbed to 11th after a late-season revival masterminded by new manager Roy Hodgson.

But Mick McCarthy s Wolves have picked up just two points from their last five matches and are second from bottom.

And no one appreciates the importance of this Black Country derby more than Wolves defender Stephen Ward.

At this stage of the season, with three games to go, we have to look at every game as a must-win, Ward said.

People are saying that Sunday (1-1 at Birmingham) was a must-win, but we have to take a point and move on.

Because it is so tight a point might keep you in there, but th…

Butland in line for new Stoke deal

Stoke City are in talks with Jack Butland over a new £50,000 per week contract, .

The England international has three years remaining on his current deal, though the Potters are keen to retain his services amid interest from Manchester United.

The twenty-two year old has been one of the stand-out keepers in the Premier League so far this season and is set to be offered a double-your-money deal.

He moved to the Britannia Stadium in January 2013 but spent much of the following eighteen months out on loan.

He became Stoke’s first choice shot-stopper after Asmir Begovic was sold to Chelsea last summer and has played every minute of the Premier League campaign so far, keeping ten clean sheets.

The former Birmingham City man has been capped thr…

Olic: Croatia should progress

Croatia attacker Ivica Olic said he believes Niko Kovac s men should reach the round of 16 at the FIFA World Cup.

Olic and his side face tournament hosts and favourites Brazil in the opener at the Arena de Sao Paulo on Thursday.

Since finishing third at the 1998 World Cup, Croatia have made group-stage exits in South Korea/Japan and Germany before failing to qualify for South Africa 2010.

Olic said their 2014 squad, which includes Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric and Sevilla star Ivan Rakitic, was good enough to at least progress from Group A which includes Brazil, Mexico and Cameroon.

After two tournaments without notable success, I m confident we have the squad and individuals who can and should reach the second round, he said.

Now we have the players f…